This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario and through the Canada-Ontario Job Fund Agreement.
The Literacy and Basic Skills program (LBS) provides academic upgrading for students in reading, writing, mathematics and computers. It caters to adults who wish to improve their literacy and numeracy skills in order to:
• Complete their Ontario Secondary School Diploma
• Obtain employment
• Enter apprenticeship
• Prepare for the GED test
• Move towards Post Secondary College or University
• Achieve personal growth and/or independence
Instructors work one-on-one with learners in a relaxed adult learning environment.
BOLD (Bridging on Learner Development)
• Provides the necessary transitional support for PLAR
• Curriculum aligned to the General Learning Strategy (GLS)
• Opportunity to earn one learning strategy credit which can be done online
• Available at 150 East 5th and 60 Barlake locations only
• Does not run in July & Aug