Next class is September 2021-June 2022.
PLEASE EMAIL INFO@STCHARLES.CA
TO REGISTER. We need your name, date of birth and phone number. Please include the words PSW Class in the subject.
This program enables students to earn a Personal Support Worker certificate issued by St. Charles. The certificate represents the standards set out by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the Ministry of Colleges and Universities and are satisfied by the completion of the program. Students will acquire the skills and knowledge to work as a personal support worker and gain practical experiences working in a health care environment.
There are also 6 secondary school credits attached to this course.
The program is 10 months (September to June) in duration and runs daily Monday to Friday.
The St. Charles PSW program provides students with the theory and knowledge that is required to understand all aspects of their role as a Personal Support Worker. Student learning is reinforced and enhanced by applying theory to practice while assigned to both their clinical and community cooperative education assignments. All students are supported so that all learning expectations are met with success and confidence with the goal of becoming effective Personal Support Workers in our community.
Specifically, we provide:
• educational training programs that reflect individual workplaces and the needs of our community
• innovative programs that will contribute to local, regional and global collaboration
• quality skills development programs that reflect the changing needs of the community with focus on restorative care
• professional development opportunities for communities and organizations
• career and transition assistance to assist individuals in meeting their employment and career goals
• qualified to work in community settings, private homes, long term care (LTC)
• potential branches to CDA, OTA, PTA, DSW, SSW and other healthcare careers