This program enables students to earn a Personal Support Worker Certificate, accredited through the Province of Ontario, with the Ontario Community Support Association. Students will acquire the skills and knowledge to work as a personal support worker and gain practical experiences working in a health care environment.
There are also 6 secondary school credits attached to this course.
The program is 10 months (September to June) in duration and runs every Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. until 1:45 p.m.
The St. Charles PSW program is fully accredited with the Province of Ontario and provides students with the theory and knowledge that is required to understand all aspects of their role as a Personal Support Worker. Student learning is reinforced and enhanced by applying theory to practice while assigned to both their clinical and community cooperative education assignments. All students are supported so that all learning expectations are met with success and confidence with the goal of becoming effective Personal Support Workers in our community.
Specifically, we provide:
• educational training programs that reflect individual workplaces and the needs of our community
• innovative programs that will contribute to local, regional and global collaboration
• quality skills development programs that reflect the changing needs of the community with focus on restorative care
• professional development opportunities for communities and organizations
• career and transition assistance to assist individuals in meeting their employment and career goals
• qualified to work in community settings, private homes, long term care (LTC)
• potential branches to CDA, OTA, PTA, DSW, SSW and other healthcare careers
Other School to Work Options:
Culinary Arts: http://stcharles.ca/CHEF
Personal Support Worker: http://stcharles.ca/PSW
Specialized Language Training Program: http://stcharles.ca/SL