What is St. Charles?

St. Charles is the Adult and Continuing Education department of the Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board.


What classes do you offer?

We have many classes such as English as a Second Language, secondary school credits, Academic Upgrading, computers, Personal Support Worker, Culinary Arts, languages and much more

Please explore the website for the full list.

Where is St. Charles?

We have a number of locations and outreaches across Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Please note that not every course is offered at each location. Please see individual course pages for details.

These are our main locations:

- 150 East 5th (Mountain)
- 45 Young Street (Downtown)
- 60 Barlake Avenue (East Hamilton/Stoney Creek)
- 770 Main Street East (Downtown)

Click here for more information

How do I contact you or visit the schools?

Please call us at 905.577.0555 or email us info@stcharles.ca.

What is the cost?

Prices vary per program. Please see individual course pages for details. Some courses/programs are free of charge. Some courses require fees if you are a visitor to Canada.

Is there a seniors’ discount?

We try to keep our prices as low as possible. Sorry, there is no senior’s discount.

When do classes start? When do classes end?

Start and end dates vary per program. Please see individual course pages for details.

Do your courses run in the summer?

Most of our locations are open during the summer months. The following courses do not run in the summer: Personal Support Worker, LINC, Culinary Arts, Co-op, Night Computer Workshops, Night School.

Do I have to be Catholic to sign up?

No. We are part of the Catholic School Board but we accept students of all beliefs.

Is there childcare available?

Childcare is only available for those going through the LINC (English) program for newcomers to Canada.

Will OW, ODSP, etc pay for my course?

Please speak with your worker about the course you would like to take first. They will guide you through the process.

Can someone under 18 attend?

Most of our courses are for adults only. High school-age students can attend our Night School, Summer School, International Languages - Secondary, After Hours Tutoring programs.

Can my elementary school child attend?

Most of our courses are for adults only. We have programs for them: Indigenous & International Languages – Elementary and After Hours Tutoring.

I will be visiting Canada soon. Can I take your courses?

Yes, as long as your VISA allows it. Visitors to Canada have to pay visitors fees for our programs. Please see individual course pages for details.

How do I get a transcript/diploma? A certificate with my ESL levels?

Please email us at info@stcharles.ca or call 905-577-0555

Can't find what you are looking for? Get in touch with us →